Gyms in PNG are provided by many apartment blocks but there are also several well-equipped gyms in the capital city with several excellent private gym memberships available.
Image Source: pngpomlife.com
Royal Papua Yacht Club
- Website: www.rpyc.com.pg/gym/
- Operating Hours: Monday to Friday - 5am and 9pm, Weekends - 6am to 6pm.
- Fees: K300 per annum, open to RPYC members only.
The RPYC gymnasium is one of the most exclusive in the country, offering various cardiovascular equipment, machine weights and free weights, and a range of classes and personal training sessions.
Classes include pilates, kickboxing, powerfit, belly dancing, zumba, rip 60, circuit training and yoga.
- Website: www.aviat.com.pg
- Operating Hours: Daily 5:30am - 8pm
- Fees: K750 annually, open to Aviat members only
The Aviat Club gymnasium is a well-equipped, members-only gym. As well as offering a wide variety of fitness apparatus, it also has squash courts, tennis courts, and a boxing area with a punching bag. Personal trainers are available on request, but there are currently no classes available during the COVID-19 measures.
- Operating Hours: Monday to Saturday 5am - 9pm, Sunday 7am to 7pm.
- Fees: K1,586 per annum on a pro rata basis, and walk-in K40 per day
Life Gym is centrally located at the Holiday Inn, Waigani, and is open to both members and non-members. It has various fitness equipment, including weights, treadmills and rowing machines, and offers a range of classes from full-body workouts to yoga classes.
Image Source: www.facebook.com/lifegymnasium
- Operating Hours: Daily 5am to 9pm
- Fees: 2,500 per annum or K310 per month. Walk-in rate K50 per day.
The gym at the Laguna Hotel is modern, spacious and well equipped. Personal trainers are on hand, and yoga classes run every Tuesday.
- Operating Hours: Daily 5am - 10pm
- Fees: K3,300 annually, K1,750 for 6 months and K950 for 3 months. Part-time options are available for use between 9am and 3pm.
Located on the 5th floor of the Stanley Hotel adjacent to the pool, the Fitness Centre offers a full range of aerobic machines, free weights and cable weights. Members also have access to the outside pool.
There are no walk-in options and currently no classes available due to COVID-19.
Airways Health and Fitness Centre
- Operating Hours: Daily 5:30am - 10pm.
- Fees: K3,500 per annum, or K500 per month. Free access to the gym is available for hotel guests.
Airways Health and Fitness Centre is one of Port Moresby’s most modern and exclusive fitness facilities with a fully equipped gym, squash courts, tennis court, infinity lap pool, sauna, and steam rooms.
Personal trainers are available during the day, and there are several classes, such as boxing, circuit training and mixed fitness included in the membership fees.