5 Bed, 2 Bath House for Rent in KURANDA
17 Leilas Way, KURANDA, Far North Queensland, 4881, QLD
Looking for a Home in Kuranda with A Granny Flat on 10 Acres
This iconic Queenslander oozes country charm & boasts all the elements of an historic Queenslander - stunning timber floors, soaring ceilings, large rooms, and gorgeous casement windows throughout the home. If you love a home with character, charm, privacy, and loads of room to move you will love this one of a kind family property.
Originally the Cairns Harbour Master's Home built around 1920 & the current owner has endeavoured to retain the historic elements of the home, even going as far as installing a century-old balustrade from the original Cairns Post Office building.
The 10-acre block is also a rarity for the area and has two street access points, a substantial seasonal creek, loads of quiet tranquil places to explore, and offers plenty of open space to use your imagination for off the grid living. This is an opportunity to acquire a piece of local history and have a substantial family home.
• 5 bedrooms in total & 2 bathrooms
• HUGE open plan country kitchen
• Loads of living area on both levels
• Freshly painted inside & out
• Newly renovated upstairs bathroom
* Natural light floods the property throughout the entire day
• NBN installed
• Good size dam that holds water
• Beautiful gully meanders through the block which flows in the wet season - stunning
• Large chook house or dog kennel - your pick
• Large separate workshop/studio on the lower level
• Loads of storage
• Lawns and garden maintenance included
If you have been contemplating bailing out of suburbia and looking for something unique on a substantial private block, your search is complete!