7 Bed, 2 Bath House for Sale in SOUTH TOWNSVILLE
4 Sixth Avenue, SOUTH TOWNSVILLE, Townsville & District, 4810, QLD
Graceful Circa 1888 Queenslander Lovingly Restored On 1,014 sqm
Beyond its beautiful facade sits this renovated late late 1800’s residence that offers it’s future owners choice as a family home with a sophisticated yet relaxed and comfortable lifestyle.
The home has been beautifully and painstakingly renovated in an enduring fashion with an uncompromising quality of utilitarian workmanship and style that is true to it’s heritage, this house offers a choice in personalities. Its design enables the ability to have dual occupants within each zoned area (upstairs and downstairs) offering fully self contained 4 bedroom and 3 bedroom living area’s respectively or in the hands of a master builder it could be skilfully combined into a graceful dual level single family residence with ease.
Beautifully positioned on 1,014 sqm allotment that is close to the sea and enjoying the cooling sea breezes throughout the year, this home has effectively three street frontages with multiple direct vehicular and pedestrian access points into both the front and rear yards.
With a seamless combination of where the traditional meets modern, the owners have captured the true essence of the quintessential “Queenslander” with the home retaining it’s Victorian era facades, timber floors, high timber ceilings and verandas on both levels with painted and glass louvers that allow the breezes to softly move through and around the home.
Use of the large allotment has been particularly well thought out, appearing even larger than it really is. It includes such features as an additional external bathroom, duplicated storage sheds / utility rooms well integrated in the space. At the rear of the allotment is the stunning large lap pool set amongst fully irrigated landscaped established gardens featuring a Pool Cabana to sit back and enjoy the paper in over the lazy weekends by the pool, easily convertible into an external tv room with a bar for relaxation in true North Queensland style.
While not at all necessary as this is truly a complete home, with no Heritage Restrictions whatsoever over the property despite its years and character, essentially the property oozes scope for further tasteful development, offering several options for the discerning buyer to muse on should they so choose.
For instance, the layout upstairs could conceivably be opened up somewhat from its present traditional cottage floor plan, allowing dual kitchen spaces to be enlarged as a single home with connection via an appended internal staircase as an easy link between the levels or a deck added utilising the existing brand new rear hardwood timber staircase constructed in a traditional styling that compliments exactly the glorious butterfly staircase at the front, complete with a Oregon flagpole that formerly graced the Townsville Customs House, thus retaining its nautical history such as is common to quaint old South Townsville; the Port City.
Access points to rear yard coupled with the dual street frontage at the rear of the block offer the ability to erect a large shed or garage in its place (STCA). Not more than a block away behind the property to the South East sits the Townsville Trailer Boat Park and Launching Area, thus making it a dream to hook up your boat and have it on the water just 10 minutes later.
The location has easy access to all parts of Townsville, not least of all to the City, Lavarack, JCU and the Hospital plus the industries of Garbutt and various Shopping Centres across the town. Not to mention the future North Queensland Cowboys Stadium under construction which is situated just a mile away as the crow flies in the direction of Castle Hill, the property is found in a most desirable location to invest into with future gains to be realised.
Truly a rare opportunity and not to be missed.
- Perfectly positioned with three street frontage 1,014 sqm allotment
- Freshly painted interior and exterior
- Two Self-contained levels
- Beautifully presented in complementary period colours throughout
- Tastefully Renovated Bathrooms
- Beautiful Façade
- All windows feature fully restrored original Metal Awninigs
- Security and Insect Screens
- Split System Air-conditioning with Ceiling Fans throughout all living spaces keep temperatures cool
- Four bedrooms
- Separate Living area
- Dining area
- Large Weatherproof Front Verandah
- Bathroom and Laundry
- High ceilings, Heritage Doors with Arch Fanlites, Tongue-and-groove Jointed Board Timber walls, Dado-strips and Fretwork throughout
- Queensland Hoop Pine (full thickness) Timber Flooring
- Fully air-conditoned
- 3 bedrooms and a Study
- Separate Living area
- Dining Area
- High ceilings, Heritage Doors with Arch Fanlites, VJ Timber walls, Dado-strips throughout
- Fully airconditoned
- 1014 sqm with landscaped, fully reticulated established tropical gardens
- In-ground Lap Pool with fully paved surroundings
- Historical touches across the site like the Heritage Gates and Posts to the building’s original styling
- Newly roofed and renovated Utility Sheds and partitioned Bathroom - Store room
- Brand New Heavy Duty Steel and Hardwood frame Carport
- Three street access with a full length driveway beside gardens and main dwelling
- Fully fenced for your children and pets to safely play in, with useful internal spaces, gates and pathways
- Vibrant inner city address
- Close proximity to South Townsville beach and boat ramp facilities
- Very close proximity to Victoria Park, perfect for the kids
- Moments to great restaurants, buzzing cafes and nightlife
- Instant access to the Townsville CBD
Agency and Location Profiles
Graham Lynham Real Estate
Price Trends for Properties in Papua New Guinea